Finally i’ve found some time for hacking on GAJ. While preparing my thesis ( on IMS, SOA and services compositions — maybe i’ll write a post about these awesome “technologies”– ) i’ve worked on some mockups that the great Dave Richards has prepared for me.
Here’s a list of my last changes:
- The second(Thumb View) and third(Timeline View) views are zoomable;
- I’ve added three buttons in the toolbar that allow navigation in the Journal;
- I’ve started to work on bug #719016 : in the ThumbView website and Xchat events are grouped, and a fancy number on the top-right corner shows the number of grouped items.
- I’ve added the support for attaching notes to Journal’s items. (bug #715910)
- Randal Barlow has fixed some visualization problems and other bitesizable bugs.
As always, a screencast is better than 1000 words…
Another important feature has landed in GAJ : we call it “THE BIG FAT ERASE MODE“.
Here’s a message from the Zeitgeist’s mailing list that explains this “mode”:
Speaking of a big fat eraser – that’s interesting. What if we literally
had an Eraser tool in the journal? Turn it on, and any events that you
click on get erased. That would allow really quick sanitization of your
timeline, both for pr0n-y and time-waste-y things.
Again, here’s a video:
Comments and suggestions are welcome.